Sunday, August 9, 2015

July Adventures: Third Tri's a Charm

So I had the chance in July to participate in my 3rd triathlon. I really enjoy competing in them. This year I was able to stay right in Logan and do it. Each one has been a unique experience but I think overall this one was probably my favorite. I absolutely love swimming and even though this one was in a pool it wasn't too bad. (I loved swimming in the lake the best.) The bike on this one was a lot easier than my other two because there wasn't a huge hill in the middle of the course. Thank goodness. On the other hand, that meant I had to do a lot more pedaling but I will take it. The run was really nice too because I was able to run in a familiar place. Right by my house and onto the river trail in fact. Even though running is my least favorite, running on the roads where I walk and play with Colson every day gave me an extra boost of energy. My parents came up to watch me run. It was fun to see them with Ben and Colson cheering me on at the end. Competing in these triathlons has really made me appreciate how wonderful our bodies are. I think it is amazing how we can feel totally worn out but suddenly dig a little deeper and give a little more. We are truly capable of amazing things. Heavenly Father blessed us with so much when he gave us the opportunity to have bodies. My body certainly isn't perfect but I love what it is capable of doing. I had a lot of fun doing this triathlon and look forward to doing more in the future.
Colson playing with Grandpa and Grandma while waiting for Mommy to finish
Coming down the home stretch

I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment