So, this week was a very exciting week for the Figgins family. On Wednesday, a special letter came in the mail for my brother, Josh. It was his mission call!! I couldn't be more excited for him. So I waited anxiously along with the rest of my family for everyone to gather that evening at my parents house. I was in touch thanks to the lovely technology of Face Time. Josh was called to the Florida Orlando Mission. He is leaving June 18, 2014. Just 2 weeks after he graduates from high school! It is so soon! He is so excited to go though. You can tell just by talking to him. I got to talk to him later that night and we talked for about a half hour. I have already done a little research and found the mission blog and looked up the general areas he will be serving in. I want to get a decent sized map of his areas and some colored push pins so we can mark where he is at and where he has been for Colson, along with adding pictures as well. I want to make sure Colson still learns who Josh is and what he is doing.
 |
| Called to Serve in the Florida, |
 |
| Orlando Mission! |
I will miss Josh a lot, but I really am so excited for him. Josh and I get along really well. I think we are really similar in a lot of ways. He is going to be a great missionary. Josh is the kind of person who is determined to do his best at everything he does. He simply will not allow himself to fail. His determination and ability to work until he succeeds amazes me. Sometimes it frustrates me too, but only because I am competitive and want to beat him when we are playing games against each other. Not an easy task. I have good memories of Josh and I "fighting" to get to our favorite spot to sit and read only to squish into the chair together. One time when I came home to visit from college, I pulled into the driveway and Josh came running outside with his arms wide open. I knew it was too good to be true. He threw his arms around the car and shouted "Green car, you're home!" It was his way of saying I love you and I'm glad to see you Talor. Josh has loved being an uncle. He is really good with Colson. Despite his not always saying I love you or sharing his feelings much, I know he loves me and our family. He is smart, athletic, funny, and just a great kid. He has a strong sense of right and wrong. He also has a strong testimony of the gospel and I know he will bless the lives of all those he meets. Look out Orlando, Florida. My little brother is coming and you won't know what hit you.



Love you Josh!
No comments:
Post a Comment