Well, it has finally happened. Ben and I have found a new place to live. We are really excited about this new apartment. It is practically perfect. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, a dishwasher, washer/dryer hookups, a shower, good storage space, and the location is fantastic. It is right by the park, zoo, river trail, and pool. Definitely looking forward to a lot of fun out and about with Colson this summer. The only downside to this whole situation is that we are leaving our ward. We absolutely love the ward we are in. I know we will come to love that ward too, but it is hard to leave behind such good friends and neighbors. Thankfully we are only about 10 minutes away so we can still hang out with people. Ben and I have lived in this same ward since we were married. We have learned so much from them. I have so many people who I look up to. There is a woman in the ward who is always so willing to help other sisters out with their young kids so they can have a chance to listen to the Relief Society lesson. Our Relief Society President is so devoted to serving others. She knows everyone by name, knows what the need and remembers so many things about each and every family. Our Bishop and his wife are so great at being kind and friendly to everyone. They model so well how to be self sufficient. Every year they grow so much produce and also offer garden spots to others and help out in those as well. And when they have all they need, they then share it with the ward. They are willing to teach others as well. There are several sisters who took the time to be my friend even though I had to work a lot of Sundays. I have had wonderful visiting teachers who have become some of my best friends. We learned a lot about preparedness, service, and love. So I just want to say thanks to all of the 29th Ward for having such a large impact on our lives. We love you all and will miss you.
 |
| Enjoying the better weather by going out for a walk. |
 |
| Colson's new way to try crawling. |
So in the next several weeks, we will be working hard on packing up and
getting ready to go. We are also expecting Colson to be crawling any day
now, so we will probably have to watch out for him underfoot while we
are moving. We hope he will like the new place. We know we will. We are
really excited for the changes to come.
This is Kim Yerka. I'm sad to hear you are moving, but I'm glad you found something better. I will miss talking to you at Mommy and me and the mother's room. Thanks for being my friend!
ReplyDeleteWe will miss you too! I have enjoyed being your friend as well. I'm hoping our next ward has people that are as great as we've met here.
DeleteTalor!
ReplyDeleteWe will miss you and your cute family! But it sounds like the new place will be great :) good luck with moving, if you need help watching colson while you pack I'd love to help you out! I've loved getting to know you and watching colson grow into a happy little guy- I love how Cosette likes him so much! Take care,
Lisa pay
We will miss you too! I may have to take you up on watching him. He is starting to crawl. Cosette is so cute. It is fun to see her play with Colson.
DeleteI sent my number to you over Facebook, or you can look it up in the directory! I would love to watch him.
Delete