Sunday, July 3, 2011

Our Garden

So a few weeks ago, our friends Garrett and Vauna went out of town and asked us to water their garden over in some of our neighbors ward garden plots. So we agreed to do so and the first night we went over, we were offered our own space for a garden as well. So Ben decided to surprise me and said sure let's do a garden! I actually am really glad he wanted to. I wanted to do a garden as well I just didn't know it was going to be this year. But while I watered our friends spot, Ben got to work on ours with the few little seeds our kind neighbors the Crooks let us borrow. So now we have a cute little garden that we are spending time taking care of. I really like it because it means we get to spend quite a bit of time outside. We have planted lettuce, strawberries, corn, cantaloupe, bush beans, tomatoes and carrots. We may even try to do peas that we could get in the fall.  And there really are a lot of lessons to be learned from a garden. There is a reason the song goes "Faith is like a little seed..." I was worried our plants would not turn out because I have never been very successful before. But low and behold, within two weeks we have beautiful vegetable sprouts appearing. Ben and I are both very excited to watch these little miracles take place. We are having a lot of fun and I'll try to keep posting pictures as things keep growing!
Ben hoeing a furrow so we can water some of our plants.

Ben did a lot of the initial planting since I was watching Stacey's boys. I'm glad he enjoyed doing it and I'm now happy to help.

After a few weeks we have some tall bean plants.

As well as tomatoes and corn.

Ben can be proud of all his hard work. I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment