So Ben and I have been having a fun summer thus far. So I figured I'd share some of the things we've done. For starters... A few weeks ago, Ben and I managed to have one day off from work together. So we decided that we were going to go on a little overnight camping trip. We had a dutch oven, camp chairs, and a tent that we were dying to use. So we went up Green Canyon here in Logan and found a nice little site with picnic tables, a fire pit, and a grassy/weedy area where we could set up our tent. When we got up there Ben started making what turned out to be a delicious dutch oven chicken and potatoes dinner. It tasted fantastic! We set up camp and played games, read books, roasted marshmallows, and watched the stars. The next morning after breakfast we went for a small hike up to a cave like thing across the road. Then we packed up and went home. It was a simple trip, but we had a lot of fun doing it and look forward to doing it again.
 |
| Ben fixing our dinner. |
 |
| Chicken, bacon, potatoes, carrots all covered in Italian dressing. Yum! |
 |
| Roasting marshmallows so they are just perfect. |
 |
| Ben on our hike. |
The day after we went camping Dad, Braden and Hannah came up so my dad could do a 75 mile bike ride for MS. We all got to watch him at different points along the route and we had a good time with each other, Stacey's family, and my Grandpa Glen and Grandma Mo. My dad did great! He finished the whole 75 miles! Stacey and I might do it next year with him. We'll see I guess. But we had a fun time.
 |
| Our whole group seeing my dad about 27 miles in. |
 |
| Dad riding past. |
 |
| The kids had fun playing with these giant leaves. |
 |
| After my dad had finished! Way to go Dad! |
|
So yeah, Ben and I are having a good time with our adventures and we are looking forward to continuing the good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment