This Easter was our first holiday together. We decided to stay up in Logan for Easter and do something nice together. We went to church on Sunday and had some great lessons. Our good friends Garret and Vauna spoke in sacrament meeting and did awesome! After church we invited Morgan (Ben's brother) and Jay (our friend) over for Easter dinner. I had a lot of fun fixing up a nice meal and we had a good time together. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but it turned out really nice. I wasn't able to find anything good to put in Easter baskets for Ben and I so we had a very simple Easter. Ben helped to remind me that the Easter really isn't all about the baskets, treats, or fun meals, but it is about the Savior and his Atonement and Resurrection. How grateful I was for Ben's reminder of that. How grateful I am for our Savior and all he has done for us. I can't remember the exact scripture but the one that sticks out most to me during Easter time is somewhere in D&C I believe. The part where Joseph Smith very adamantly bears his testimony saying He Lives! I add my testimony to that, that Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer does live and loves each and every one of us. I am so grateful for that and for the gospel that allows us to live with our Heavenly Father again as eternal families.
We did get the chance to dye Easter eggs though. Here are some pictures of the eggs and what they turned into later.
What fun we are having!
Reading
15 years ago
Woot woot woot! I like you having a blog!
ReplyDelete