Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Graduation!

Well, I finally did it. I made it through college and graduated on Saturday. I discovered that graduation was sort of a bittersweet thing for me. I definitely was getting burned out and was in need of a break, but I also remembered how much I love learning and how the past 15 years of my life have been spent working hard in school. Now I almost have no idea what to do with myself! Ha ha, but being done and having my degree is a very rewarding feeling. Saturday was a great day. I played in the band for the morning part of the graduation, so it was my last chance to play the bass clarinet and see a lot of those friends. Then Mom, Dad, Josh, Braden, Grandpa Glen, and Grandma Mo drove up to come to my college's graduation. Stacey also came and so did Ben's dad, Lynn (he had been staying with us for the weekend so he could come). Oh, of course, Ben was there too. But anyway, I was super glad they could all come, even though graduations aren't the most exciting thing ever. But the ceremony went on and we all did the whole walk across the stage just to get the diploma COVER. No diploma of course, because the University doesn't even know if we are really allowed to graduate yet. It made me laugh. But oh well. I know I did well enough in my classes so I'm not worried about it. So then we went back to our apartment to decide where to go for dinner and we settled on Sizzler's. All in all, it turned out to be a very great day. One to remember. Maybe someday I'll go on to graduate school or something but for now the plan is just to find a full time job and help Ben get finished with his schooling. Sometimes there are things that are bigger than the plans you used to have. For that, I am grateful. I'm grateful for an awesome family who loved me and supported me the whole time I was in school. I couldn't have done it without them. So thanks family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment