Wow. I have so much I can write about. This time of year is so busy and exciting! I absolutely love it. I love all the time we get to spend with family. And this year it is super awesome because it includes a lot of "Firsts" for Colson. Okay, I know he isn't super involved in things now, but it is fun for us to have these "Firsts" with a baby. Next year he'll understand more. Colson just keeps getting cuter and cuter. He really is just the happiest kid. He loves to laugh and his laughing comes pretty easy. I guess it comes easy since his mom and dad get pretty goofy to make it happen. He is getting so big! He can roll all over the floor now and is working on sitting a little bit. He is super good at grabbing things he wants now. He loves to hold on to things. He loves to look at mirrors. And he loves to talk to us. I am absolutely loving life right now. We celebrated Colson's first Thanksgiving with my family this year. We had a little Turkey trot that morning that we pushed Colson on. Then we had great food with everyone. Two days later we celebrated my dad's birthday. So it was an awesome family filled weekend.
 |
| Happy baby |
 |
| Getting so big! |
 |
| Grabbing and chewing |
 |
| He holds his head so well! |
 |
| Visiting great-great-grandma Beryl |
 |
| Cool hat 1 |
 |
| Cool hat 2 |
 |
| Sleepy boys |
 |
| First Thanksgiving! |
 |
| It made his mouth water |
We are getting super excited for Christmas now. We play Christmas music all of the time and we have our tree up as well. I have also been working slowly but surely on a winter favorite of mine. Making paper snowflakes. When I was little, I used to think that my family helped control the weather because it wouldn't really snow until we put our snowflakes in the windows and it didn't stop snowing until we took them down. Now I know we just had them up all winter ha ha! But the child in me still loves to make them and still insists that I can bring more snow by making more snowflakes. I know, most of you must hate me now, but that's okay. It's just who I am. I love winter because of snow. I love snow. So bring it on winter. Of course we are always keeping in mind the true spirit of the season. I love singing Christmas songs about the nativity to Colson for lullabies. Both Ben and I have told him the nativity story more than once. This year, the nativity story has taken on a little new meaning and perspective for me. I have my own beautiful and special and wonderful baby boy. And I think of Mary and her sweet special baby and I feel a connection with her. We live thousands of years apart but that doesn't change the way a mother loves her child. It doesn't change that Mary must have held and cherished that precious baby boy as I do mine. It doesn't change that she spent her days raising and teaching Him, sometimes without thought of herself. That she loved every precious minute she had with Him. That it was hard and overwhelming at times, but she wouldn't trade it for anything. Because she knew that her baby was the Son of God. Just like I know my baby is a son of God. I too wouldn't trade it for anything. Mary and I; we're mothers. And that is one of the best gifts I can ever receive.
 |
| Rocking the glasses |
 |
| Having fun with daddy |
 |
| Tree by day |
 |
| Tree by night |
 |
| Hanging out in bed |
 |
| Cute outfit from Allie. The front of the shirt says "I dig auntie." |
 |
| Cute baby boy |
 |
| Paper snowflakes |
 |
| Colson with Santa |
 |
| Hanging out with Josh, Jazz, and Hannah |
 |
| Just playing around. |
|
|
|
We are loving life right now. We love having Colson. We love being a family. I love this season and all the memories it brings. I am so excited to keep making more. Keep the Spirit of Christ in your homes and hearts. We will too. Merry Christmas season!
No comments:
Post a Comment