Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Cookies

Another of my favorite things to do for Christmas is make cookies. Growing up, we always made sugar cookies on Christmas Eve with our dad. Mom would help too, but Dad loved doing it. And that rubbed off on me. I got the cookie decorating bug. I think it is the only visual art I like doing and am sort of good at. I love coming up with new fun ways to frost and decorate the shapes. This year I had some molasses that I needed to use from a Halloween cookie project so I decided to make gingerbread men before Christmas this year. (Don't worry, there will still be sugar cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. I'm doing both.) So here are the efforts of my baking labors with some help from Ben on a few.
We've got Santa and a snowman here along with a snowball fight.

This tray has Derek Jeter, Santa on vacation along with his reindeer

We also have Harry Potter, Winnie the Pooh, and Link

A runner, and Christmas ornaments

I was thinking of Allie while doing this one

This is a gingerbread man sporting Colson's Halloween costume.

Binky and pajamas for the baby gingerbread man

Ben made Santa on the job.

I did Santa on vacation

Allie doing a marathon this year also inspired this runner. But his number is Colson's birthday.
So there they are with a few of my favorites. I just have so much fun with these. What are some of your favorite Christmas cookies? How would you decorate these gingerbread men? Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment