So last weekend we had a huge ice storm come through. People were so concerned about it that they cancelled our classes at church (but not sacrament meeting when I had to speak... darn. Ha ha), Ben's work was shut down Monday, and schools were cancelled for Monday and Tuesday. It was pretty crazy. It rained like crazy Sunday and Monday and then everything froze. It was pretty incredible to see actually. I was just super grateful we didn't have to go anywhere. On Tuesday everything was still frozen. We're not talking just a little ice. Not ice on one side of things. We are talking about things outside being entirely encased in ice. They looked like glass sculptures. Down to the single individual blades of grass. I love how there are certain things in this world that still manage to seem otherworldly. When you stepped outside you could hear the ice creaking as the wind was blowing in the trees. It was beautiful. Just a type of beauty I enjoyed through the windows. (Except to get some pictures.) And now you can enjoy it too.
Reading
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment