Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thyroid Update and Halloween Fun

We kept pretty busy the month of October. What I thought would be a nice easy month before our busy end of year began turned out to almost be busier than any other month. I finally had my year check up for my Thyroid cancer. I was so nervous for what we would find. I had to have several tests run over the course of 3 appointments with a 4th follow-up results appointment. It made for a crazy week. Basically they were checking to see if I had any thyroid cells left. If that were to happen I would have to do the radiation all over again and do all of these follow-up tests again in a year. Luckily for me all my tests came back clean. We were so relieved. I was so nervous the night before leading up to my results. Thankfully Ben is a good husband and encouraged us both to pray which helped me calm down and not worry as much. We celebrated closing my thyroid cancer chapter of life by going to Cold Stone after my appointment. Amid all of that we also had some time to play dress up for Halloween. A week or so before Halloween the zoo by our house did a sort of Halloween carnival. We took Colson and had a fun afternoon there. I have never seen the zoo so crowded. Colson fit right in at the zoo as a Wilderness Explorer from Pixar's "Up." I think this is my favorite costume we've done for him so far. He was such a cutie! We also went to our ward Halloween party and Carnival on Friday night and a Halloween party with some friends on Halloween. So we had lots of opportunity for fun.
Wilderness Explorer Colson with his daddy and Wolfy.


Colson and Mommy.

At the zoo.

Okay this was probably the coolest Halloween costume I have ever seen. Headless horseman.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on how your appointments went! So happy for you to be done with that! You are an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't know. So glad that you are doing well. You always appear happy. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I didn't know. So glad that you are doing well. You always appear happy. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! And I LOVE Colson's costume! He is the cutest Wilderness Explorer I think I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete