Monday, February 16, 2015

Whodunnit?

So I have always wanted to go to a murder mystery dinner. They have always sounded really fun. Well this last week we had some friends invite us to one. We had such a great time! It was a 1920's Chicago Caper. Mafia, tommy guns, bootleggers, gamblers, scandals galore. We all got dressed up for a characters and had a grand old time trying to solve our little mystery. It was pretty amusing listening to all of us try a Chicago accent. Which none of us really knew how to do. Ben played the role of an up and coming baseball pitcher. I was a crime and political news reporter who had been digging up dirt on some big name officials. Colson was dressed as a paper boy. Some other roles were a jazz singer, golfer/club owner, rich and avid gambler, a flapper looking for the high life, a district attorney, and an elegant widow. It was fun to hear the clues come out and hear us all try to defend ourselves or distract others or change the subject. We ended up having a really good time. Everyone looked great, food was great, and I definitely want to do another one. Here are some pictures of everyone.
Our whole family

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Colson is the cutest paper boy.

Sa-wing batter batter! Ben as Billy Thrower, star pitcher for the Chicago Stock Kings.

I had fun dressing up for the role of Malissa F. Orthott, newspaper reporter.

Some of our friends dressed as a jazz singer and high rolling gambler.

The whole group

All of us trying to be mobsters
So yeah. I wish I had gotten individual or paired shots of everyone. But we had a great time. Thanks to our friends for inviting us and for everyone making it such a great, enjoyable evening. And to everyone reading who hasn't done one of these. You seriously should. It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment