Monday, July 21, 2014

Birthday Boy!

I will warn you all up front that this is going to be a picture overload. I can't believe my little guy just turned one! How fast this year has gone. We had a great time celebrating Colson's birthday this last weekend. We planned a party for Saturday, but wanted to make his birthday special too so we made sure to have some cupcakes and let him open one of our presents on Friday as well. It was so much fun to plan something special for him. We just played and enjoyed all our time together. Saturday we had family and friends come for lunch, cake, ice cream, and presents at our church pavilion. It couldn't have gone better. I was so grateful to everyone who came and helped. We had sloppy joes, fruit, and chips for lunch. I decorated Colson's cake. He loves to play in the water so I made him an ocean themed cake. I had so much fun making it. And I won't lie, I was pretty proud with the way it turned out. Colson got some fun new toys, quilts, clothes, books, puzzles, a wagon, balls, and we got him a little kiddie pool as well. Everyone was so kind and generous. He has already enjoyed playing with everything. I know Colson didn't really understand that it was anything special for him, but it was such a great day. I am so grateful for the love and support that all of our family shares for him. Ben and I are so happy and blessed to have Colson in our family. We love him so much. We love his smiles and the smiles he puts on our faces. I love how busy and active he is. He never wants to stop. He is curious and happy. I sure love my little boy so much.
Celebrating my Birthday with Mom and Dad

This looks yummy

I eat it like this?

So messy

It's hard to eat and smile at the same time

Working on opening presents

He just threw this box around for a while

Then he went after the camera

He loves his new ball

Now he is getting it

Yay pool!
Colson's cake

I loved decorating it

Octopus

The cake and gluten free cupcakes. I wasn't going without something for his birthday

Jazz came to the party too. Colson loves his doggy friend

Eating lunch

Opening presents

How fun

I wonder what this will be?

Happy Birthday to you!

Playing in the pool with the kids

The beach ball is almost as big as him

Cousins splashing together

I even put waves in the cake.

Yankees fans

Jeter is the best.

He sure loves the balloon

Playing with the bubble machine

I Spy quilt

Cool hair dude

Riding in the wagon


Sorry I don't have pictures of him with everything. We really are truly grateful for all the love and support we have from family and friends. Year one with Colson has been amazing and we are looking forward to many more to come. Love you little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment