Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Spirit

So, Ben and I had a great Thanksgiving weekend last weekend and we are also getting really excited to celebrate Christmas in just a few weeks! We celebrated Thanksgiving in Riverton with my family this year. We got down Wednesday afternoon and had the opportunity to see the Savior of the World production at the conference center. It was absolutely wonderful. We could definitely feel the spirit and our testimonies were strengthened. Thursday morning marked the beginning of a new family tradition. My mom's family all got together and we ran a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. The trail was marked at 1, 2, and 3 mile distances. All the kids and adults did it and we had a lot of fun. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma Mo's and Grandpa Glen's house. We enjoyed good food and even greater company. Ben and I were introduced to the game Ticket to Ride. I won both times we played ha ha! It was a lot of fun. We just had a great time with my family. Friday we had the chance to go down to Hurricane to visit with Ben's family for the rest of the week. Our good friend Jay was getting married down there on Saturday so we jumped on the chance to go down. We hung out with Ben's family on Friday, went to a wedding on Saturday, visited Kara (Ben's sister) and her family. Played with William, Leonora, and Isaac (our nephews and niece) out in the leaves. I really enjoyed the chance to see all of Ben's family. We just had a great weekend.
Getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner

Ticket to Ride
Looks like we may have had a little too much fun on Thanksgiving...
Ben's family also let us borrow a little Christmas tree from them that would fit in our apartment. My mom sent me with all my ornaments so Sunday night when we got home, we put up our very first Christmas tree together. It turned out pretty cute. I like it. And I like walking into my home and seeing the lights on our tree. It makes me smile.
This is the new addition to our ornament collection. We got it on our honeymoon.
Here's my box of ornaments. It is usually stuffed full. My ornaments come from all the places I've been. They range from California to Washington, to D.C. to Germany and many places in between. It's fun to have the tree record memories from my life.
Ben decorating the tree

All done! Isn't it so cute?
I really love the Christmas season. There are just so many reasons to be happy. It is a wonderful time in the year and I am just so excited to share it with Ben this year. I am looking forward to the traditions we can start and all the memories we will make. So here's to the holidays and I hope your season has started out wonderful too!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea! When we got married our first tree was pretty sparse ornament-wise!

    ReplyDelete